Frequently Asked Questions

Click on each section to view questions about each topic.

How do I submit a name, TIN or SSN change?

  • A notification of such a change is required in writing. Please send copies (not originals) of correspondence via mail or email. See OWNER RELATIONS CONTACT.
  • Please include your Owner Number in Box 7, if possible. W-9 form .

How do I change my address?

How do I change my name on your records if I get married or divorced?

What options are available for receiving my payments?

  • Direct Deposit
  • If you choose to receive payments via Direct Deposit, please complete the Direct Deposit form.
  • Benefits of using direct deposit include:
    • Access to online check detail 24/7
    • Notification of upcoming deposits via EnergyLink
    • Instant accessibility to payment
    • No risk of lost check
  • Paper Check

When are royalty checks issued?

  • Royalty checks for both oil and gas are mailed on the 25th of the month. If the 25th falls on a weekend or holiday, checks will be mailed the first business day thereafter.
  • The minimum amount that will be accumulated before a check is issued is $100.00. Amounts below $100.00 will be paid out twice a year—Once in April and once in October.

My payments are held in suspense. What does this mean?

  • Oil and Gas royalty payments are temporarily on hold. Reasons for this vary from owner to owner. A common reason is to be sure the rightful owner is being paid.

My payments are being escheated, what does this mean?

  • Please contact our owner relations team for additional information.

What do I need to do to get set up to receive payment via direct deposit (ACH or EFT) rather than paper check?

What do I need to do to stop direct deposit payments and receive payment via check?

  • Email or mail a written request to cancel direct deposit and include the address and last 4 digits of the SSN associated with the account.
  • If you choose to switch back to direct deposit, a new form will need to be submitted.

Previously, you may have been receiving e-mail notifications from Oildex to obtain your Oil & Gas Revenue Statement. Oildex is no longer issuing e-mail notifications as they are no longer our service provider. You can begin receiving those e-mail notifications again and retrieve any lost or misplaced Oil & Gas Revenue Statements anytime by registering at
Follow the steps below:
  1. Before you begin, you will need a past Oil & Gas Statement with the following information:
    1. Your Owner # (10100xxxxx)
    2. The month of the payment
    3. The amount of the payment
  2. Go to
  3. Click the "New to EnergyLink?" Sign Up Here link under the bright Green LOGIN button.
  4. For Operator's Region, select United States.
  5. For the Document Type, select Revenue.
  6. For the Operator, locate and select Hunt Oil Company.
  7. Enter the Month of your last payment.
  8. Enter the Amount of your last payment.
  9. Click the box indicating that you are not a robot.
  10. Click CONTINUE
  11. Enter your first and last name as indicated on your past statement.
  12. Enter your e-mail address.
  13. Create a Password. Please save this password in a secure location to access your account in the future.
  14. Once you have registered and have access to your account, you can:
    1. Login with your email address.
    2. View statements online without printing.
    3. Print a PDF version of your statement.
    4. Download a PDF version of your statement.
  15. When new statements are available, you will be notified by email.
  16. Help information and How-To videos can be found within EnergyLink by navigating to the grey ribbon under the EnergyLink logo titled Help & Info.
  17. If you need further assistance, please call 1-888-573-3364 or reach out to

Why didn't I get a check this month?

  • The reasons will vary. If there is less than $100.00 in your account, a check will not automatically be issued. A check will be issued once the balance in your account exceeds $100.
  • If your ownership information on file is incorrect or not complete, your payment may be held in suspense.
  • Payments are made only for those months when oil and gas is sold from properties in which you have an interest. If there are no sales from these properties, then a revenue check will not be distributed for that period.

Why does the amount of my royalty payment change from month to month?

  • Price fluctuations, mechanical problems, operational problems, and routine maintenance can temporarily affect production, each causing possible downtime.
  • Check amounts may vary from month to month depending on production fluctuationsvolumes, price of product, marketing arrangements, and changes in tax laws or adjustments that may occur.

Can Hunt oil Company withhold Federal Tax Income from my royalty check?

  • No, Federal Tax Income cannot be withheld.
  • If an account does not have a SSN or Tax-Identification Number associated with it, there will be a backup withholding tax reported to the IRS.
    • To avoid this, please return a completed W-9 form.

When are the 1099 tax forms issued?

  • Tax forms are issued before January 31st of the year following the payments. This date is based on Federal requirements. Tax forms are also mailed to the current address we have on file at the time of issuance.

How can I get another copy of my 1099 tax form?

What is a Division Order?

  • A Division Order is Hunt Oil Company's internal form that provides details of an owner's interest in a specific well. It will include the name of the well, property number, legal description of the property, interest type owned, and decimal interest.

How can I add my spouse to my account?

  • Email or mail a notarized copy of the conveyance document which transfers interest from you individually to you and your spouse jointly. Please make sure the document is recorded in all counties in which properties are located.

How can I add my beneficiary to my account?

  • We are unable to add beneficiaries to owner accounts.

How can I add a POA/Attorney-in-Fact to my account?

  • Email or mail a copy of the notarized Durable Power of Attorney.

Where can I get information on the value of my mineral rights?

  • Please contact an oil and gas consultant familiar with mineral rights valuation